[python #ACE-827366]: Improve speed of contourf plots

Hello! We appreciate you reaching out.

This feature was officially added in Cartopy 0.20.0, released on September 17!
It was *not* included in the previously released version 0.19.0.post1. If you
update to 0.20.0, this can be accessed with the `transform_first` boolean
kwarg; if you specify `True`, it will use the "fast" contour pipeline described
in that PR. The documentation for this is available here:

https://scitools.org.uk/cartopy/docs/latest/reference/generated/cartopy.mpl.geoaxes.GeoAxes.html#cartopy.mpl.geoaxes.GeoAxes.contour

and the `contourf` documentation just below that. An example contrasting the
behavior with this enabled and disabled was also added:

https://scitools.org.uk/cartopy/docs/latest/gallery/scalar_data/contour_transforms.html

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to follow up and let me know if not.

All the best,

Drew

> I had installed the specialized version of Conda from github as described
> below, order to access the 'fast' method of contour filling.
>
> Do we happen to know if that feature is available in the newest version of
> Cartopy (0.19.0.post1)?  I would like to update away from 0.18, but don't
> want to lose access to the 'fast' plotting option in that customized release.
>
> If it does exist, do we happen to know what the kwarg will be to 'turn it
> on'?  I was following issue #1690 where a few names were suggested, but I
> can't find a conclusion as to what the final naming convention is.
>
> I know its an abstract question, but I appreciate any help you can provide?

Ticket ID: ACE-827366
Department: Support Python