[python #NTL-121569]: vorticity in MetPy

Greetings!

The relationship between `absolute_vorticity` and `vorticity` in MetPy is

  `absolute_vorticity` = f + `vorticity`

`vorticity` calculates the vertical vorticity and represents the combination of
curvature and shear terms. The equation would be:

  dv/dx - du/dy

I'll go ahead and add that equation to our docs to make that clearer for
everyone.

Cheers!

Ryan

> Unidata Support,
>
> I have a quick question. There are multiple vorticity functions in MetPy,
> two of which are absolute vorticity and vorticity. I understand absolute
> vorticity but don't know exactly what vorticity is since I can't see the
> associated equation. Is this curvature or shear or something else?

Ticket ID: NTL-121569
Department: Support Python