[python #RWN-797481]: Surface charts (MetPy)

Hello! Thanks for reaching out.

We currently don't have any examples of creating a surface chart like this
using only our tools, but I can point you in the direction of some examples
that might help you create one like this on your own.

If you are comfortable downloading and running Jupyter Notebooks, here's a
demonstration of one way to plot H and L pressure/height symbols on a map with
contours:
https://github.com/Unidata/python-training/blob/master/pages/gallery/HILO_Symbol_Plot.ipynb

On the MetPy documentation pages, we also feature some examples of plotting
surface station plots via Matplotlib,

  https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/examples/plots/Station_Plot.html

and with our simplified plotting interface

  https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/examples/plots/surface_declarative.html

You can add text annotations to a plot in Matplotlib with text() and annotate():

https://matplotlib.org/stable/tutorials/text/annotations.html#sphx-glr-tutorials-text-annotations-py

The final pieces of making such a plot might come down to your own needs and
finding the right tools and pathways to calculate and visualize the many
different pieces on this chart. As you go through this, if there's any way we
can help don't hesitate to reach back out, but I hope this points you in some
helpful directions for now. Thanks again for reaching out!

All the best,

Drew

> The following is a very respectful request for your help in making today's
> surface chart, as shown in the figure below. Thank you very much for your
> attention and I am attentive to your instructions.

Ticket ID: RWN-797481
Department: Support Python