[python #WZZ-525575]: Question

Greetings!

In general, MetPy should be usable offline. The only thing MetPy uses a network
connection for is to download and cache our US state and county maps, as well
as some station tables we use for decoding METARs.

Is there a particular issue you have run into when trying to use MetPy in an
offline fashion? Make sure you are running the latest version of MetPy (now
1.1) as recently some work was done to make those tables more friendly to
offline use.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

> Hello unidata:
>
> I would like to ask if there's a way to work with METPY offline?  I do
> not trust my net connection that much, so working offline would be better
> for me.
>
> Please let me know if there's something I can do to work with your
> program while offline?

Ticket ID: WZZ-525575
Department: Support Python