[python #MLB-623842]: MSLP and 1000-500 hPa Thickness with High and Low Symbols

Greetings!

The image you sent back indicated that you are trying to download too much data
in a single request. This is occurring because you are using `all_times()` on
our THREDDS server, where there is an entire month's worth of data available.
Try instead to restrict the times you try to download:

    from siphon.catalog import TDSCatalog
    from datetime import datetime

    gfscat =
TDSCatalog('http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p5deg/catalog.xml')
    dataset = gfscat.datasets['Best GFS Half Degree Forecast Time Series']
    nc = dataset.subset()
    q = nc.query()

    q.time_range(datetime(2021, 6, 20, 12), datetime(2021, 6, 21, 18))
    q.variables('Pressure_reduced_to_MSL_msl',
'Geopotential_height_isobaric').add_lonlat().accept('netcdf')

    d = nc.get_data(q)

You might also consider reducing the geographic area of data you're downloading
(or even the level with `q.vertical_level()`):

    q = nc.query()
    q.time_range(datetime(2021, 6, 17, 12), datetime(2021, 6, 21, 18))
    q.lonlat_box(-80, -60, -5, 15)
    q.variables('Pressure_reduced_to_MSL_msl',
'Geopotential_height_isobaric').add_lonlat().accept('netcdf')

    d = nc.get_data(q)

Hope this helps!

Ryan

> Greetings.
> I am doing one of the Unidata Pyton Gallery tutorials, found at this url (
> http://unidata.github.io/python-gallery/examples/HILO_Symbol_Plot.html),
> but I have a problem why I need model data from TDSCatalog ('
> http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/'
> 'NCEP / GFS / Global_0p5deg / catalog.xml')
> and no re-analysis (
> https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/thredds/ncss/grid/narr-a-files/{0:%Y%m}/{0:%Y%m%d
> }/
>
> This my code:
>
> gfscat = TDSCatalog('http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/'
> 'NCEP/GFS/Global_0p5deg/catalog.xml')
> dataset = gfscat.datasets['Best GFS Half Degree Forecast Time Series']
> nc = dataset.subset()
> q = nc.query()
>
> q.all_times().variables('Pressure_reduced_to_MSL_msl',
>
> 'Geopotential_height_isobaric').add_lonlat().accept('netcdf')
>
> d = nc.get_data(q)
>

> But do error
>
> [image: image.png]
>

> Could you help me please?
> Thank you for your answer. Thank you very much for your help.

Ticket ID: MLB-623842
Department: Support Python