[Support #QIA-399358]: Metpy python skew-t

Greetings!

So for more general information on calculations from Univ. of Wyoming, I'd
recommend looking at their documentation for the indices:

  http://weather.uwyo.edu/upperair/indices.html

Note that for many of Wyoming's calculations, they are using very specific,
sometimes mixed, layers. To your question from Gitter, CAPEV and CINV are the
CAPE and CIN, respectively, calculated using the virtual temperature.

What makes you believe the virtual temperature from MetPy isn't correct?

Ryan

> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of questions and I looked at the YouTube videos already on
> some problem I have inquired while building my skew-t model I am building. I
> am building skew-t models like the Wyoming sounding
> page<http://weather.uwyo.edu/upperair/indices.html> and some of the
> thermodynamics calculations are what I am having problems with specific the
> SHOW, LIFT, LFTV, SWET, KINX, CTOT, VTOT, TTOT, CAPEV, CINV, EQTV, LFCV,
> BRCH, BRCV, LCLT, LCLP, MLTH, MLMR, THTK, and PWAT.
>
> I have calculated the CAPE, CINS, parcel_path, but the virtual temperature
> isn’t correct and wondering if you can assist because I tried and the numbers
> are wrong and not matching the numbers on the sounding page.
>
> I am doing the sounding for Hurricane Irma. I am doing one date for now then
> once I get the correct numbers that matches the sounding page’s number then I
> will add the other dates. But it starts on  2017-08-29 at 00Z station is in
> 78486 MDSD Santo Domingo Observations at 00Z 29 May 2017.

Ticket ID: QIA-399358
Department: Support Python