[python #WJV-891179]: Metpy 1.0 bug : contours intersect

Greetings!

Apologies on not getting back to you sooner. This looks like a frequently
encountered issue with plotting lat/lons in Cartopy, depending on the domain of
values and how they are arranged.

There's an attempt at a fix here if you'd like to test it:

  https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/pull/1681

Cheers,

Ryan

> BTW, running Fedora 33 (w/ Python 3.9)
>
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:20 AM Ken Harris <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I wrote some code to look at the "polar vortex" (attached), but the
> > contours are odd : some look like lines of latitude and intersect
> > other lines (see attached).  Works OK on Metpy 0.12.2, but broken on
> > Metpy 1.0

Ticket ID: WJV-891179
Department: Support Python