[python #DCS-251943]: MetPy time series plots

Hello!

The page you are accessing for that example is from MetPy 0.3 (2016) and
out-of-date. The current function you're looking for is `wind_components`
(https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/api/generated/metpy.calc.wind_components.html)
 and a comparable example with the up-to-date syntax is available at
https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/examples/plots/Station_Plot_with_Layout.html

Thanks for all of your provided information, it's always helpful and
appreciated. I hope this helps and points you in the right direction! If not,
don't hesitate to follow up.

All the best,

Drew

> I have another metpy question.  I'm still running in a Debian environment
> and have matplotlib v3.3.2 and metpy v0.12.2 installed but I get errors
> with this import command when running python3:
>
> In [34]: from metpy.calc import get_wind_components
> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
> <ipython-input-34-2f2d03c6e14d> in <module>()
> ----> 1 from metpy.calc import get_wind_components
>
> ImportError: cannot import name 'get_wind_components' from 'metpy.calc'
> (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/metpy/calc/__init__.py)
>
> I'm trying to run the sample code here:
> https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/v0.3/examples/generated/Station_Plot.html
>
> but can't do it without that import.
>
> I've looked at /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/metpy/calc and ran grep for
> 'get_wind_components' and got nothing:
>
> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/metpy/calc
> .  ..  __init__.py  __pycache__  basic.py  cross_sections.py  indices.py
> kinematics.py  thermo.py  tools.py  turbulence.py
> grep: __pycache__: Is a directory
>
> Seems like something is missing from the installation.  Any words of wisdom?

Ticket ID: DCS-251943
Department: Support Python