[python #VOC-640241]: siphon filter_time_nearest : No datasets with times found

Greetings!

Due to the way the grib collections are structured by the THREDDS Data Server,
you need to use `.catalog_refs` rather than `.datasets`. So that code would
work as:

    cat = TDSCatalog('http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/'
                     'NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/catalog.xml')

    # Find the run closest to 6 hours ago
    time = datetime.utcnow() - timedelta(hours=6)
    ds = cat.catalog_refs.filter_time_nearest(time)

    # Find all runs from the last day
    end = datetime.utcnow()
    start = end - timedelta(days=1)
    cat.catalog_refs.filter_time_range(start, end)

Also, if you're accessing model data, you just might be better off using the
'Full Collection (Reference / Forecast Time) Dataset', 'Best GFS Quarter Degree
Forecast Time Series', or 'Latest Collection for GFS Quarter Degree Forecast'
datasets that *are* available within the `.datasets` attribute. You can also
see them listed at the top of the catalog here:

https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/catalog.html

Hope this helps,

Ryan

> Ryan !
>
> I'm trying to get filter_time_nearest to work. I tried the code in
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/siphon-0-5 (and changed
> "cat.filter_time_nearest(time)" to "cat.datasets.filter_time_nearest(time)"
> ), but I get "No datasets with times found".
>
> Suggestions ?

Ticket ID: VOC-640241
Department: Support Python