[python #XQQ-554706]: Installing MetPy issue

Not a problem! If you're still looking for help installing wrf-python, I can
point you in the direction of the wrf-python GitHub issue tracker
(https://github.com/NCAR/wrf-python/issues) and their Google Group Conversation
support system, where anyone can ask questions
(https://groups.google.com/u/2/a/ucar.edu/g/wrfpython-talk). They should be
able to help you out over there!

Thanks for reaching out, and I hope this helps.

All the best,

Drew

> Hello,
>
> I actually realized that I made a mistake when I described what I was
> installing. I had no problem installing MetPy, but I'm having issues
> installing wrf-python. I apologize for this.
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hello, and thanks for reaching out to us!
> >
> > Can you provide for me a brief record of what you're entering into your
> > terminal and the output your getting? This is an issue I'm not able to
> > recreate currently. Another package you have installed in your environment
> > might be causing this issue. In the mean time you might try updating conda,
> >
> >   conda update -n base -c defaults conda
> >
> > and then creating a new Python environment with just Python and MetPy to
> > see if you still get this issue,
> >
> >   conda create -n <env-name-of-your-choice> -c conda-forge python metpy
> >   conda activate <env-name-of-your-choice>
> >
> > If this works with no error, then you can verify the versions of things
> > installed with `conda list` and make sure that MetPy will import
> > successfully within Python. I hope this points you in the right direction,
> > and don't hesitate to follow up if you continue to have this issue! Thanks
> > again for reaching out.
> >

> > All the best,
> >
> > Drew
> >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I recently downloaded the latest version of Python (3.8.5) within
> > anaconda3
> > > on a MacBook Pro, and I'm having issues installing MetPy using the conda
> > > install -c conda-forge metpy command. The errors that the terminal was
> > > throwing me appear to be a compatibility issue. Has there been any other
> > > instances of this occurring?

Ticket ID: XQQ-554706
Department: Support Python