[python #GGV-297535]: NEXRAD Archive Access

Greetings!

One challenge you're going to have with Collab is that building CartoPy
requires building some C-code and installing some non-Python dependencies, and
CartoPy does not provide pre-built wheels on PyPI. Thus a `pip install` of
CartoPy will require access to a compiler, as well as development headers for
PROJ and GEOS. I'm not surprised it doesn't work there. I'm not sure if I know
of anyone who has succeeded with CartoPy+Collab, but it is possible I've just
missed it.

My best advice is to install with Anaconda/miniconda:

conda install -c conda-forge cartopy

Hope this helps,

Ryan

> Thanks, I appreciate your help. One additional problem I've run into with
> this script is trying to get everything to plot using Cartopy. I've tried
> going through the documentation and trying to get it to install multiple ways
> and haven't had any luck. One thing that might be presenting a unique issue
> is that I am running this through Google Collab; however, most of the time
> you can use a simple pip install for any package issues on Collab.
>
> Below is a link to the script on Google Collab, let me know if you have any
> suggestions on how I might be able to get it to work.
>
> https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1YtRQ6JAK1fmfyAzXNlnNjG4jfOIvaDHy?usp=sharing

Ticket ID: GGV-297535
Department: Support Python