[python #CRW-777842]: Error Question

Hi,

With the update to your environment, I'm guessing pint was updated, which
causes some issues with masked arrays. Try this, which changes to multiply
units on the left:

    u_500 = units('m/s') *
file.variables['ugrdprs'][start_hrs:num_hrs,12,iy1:iy2,ix1:ix2]

Ryan

> Hello,
>
> My Anaconda Environment at work was completely updated.  Since then I get
> the following error on a script that previously worked, and works at home.
> A version change of some package appears to be causing an issue with
> units.
>
> Is this something you recognize?  I am using MetPy 0.12.0.
>
> Thanks,
]>
> File "U:\p_scripts\gfs\gfs_svroutlk_nomad.py", line 191, in <module>
> u_500 = file.variables['ugrdprs'][start_hrs:num_hrs,12,iy1:iy2,ix1:ix2]
> * units.meter / units.second #12 for 500
>
> File
> "C:\Users\steven.piltz\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\numpy\ma\core.py", line
> 4157, in __truediv__
> return true_divide(self, other)
>
> File
> "C:\Users\steven.piltz\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\numpy\ma\core.py", line
> 1171, in __call__
> m = ~umath.isfinite(result)
>
> TypeError: ufunc 'isfinite' not supported for the input types, and the
> inputs could not be safely coerced to any supported types according to the
> casting rule ''safe''

Ticket ID: CRW-777842
Department: Support Python