[python #TSN-304685]: Operational Use of Metpy?

Hi!

MetPy is distributed under the BSD-3 license (see our license here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/MetPy/master/LICENSE). Basically it
states that MetPy/Unidata does not assume any liability for the use of this
software. We do not limit MetPy's use, although it's developed with research
and education as the primary use cases. All Unidata software comes with similar
licenses, so I encourage you to check those out before using anything, but the
general message would remain the same for other packages. That being said,
you're welcome to use MetPy however you see fit, and we'd be interested to know
how the package is making it into different workflows.

Regards,
Zach Bruick

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is permitted to use Metpy and other Unidata
> modules/packages Operationally. I saw it was open source, but wasn't sure if
> it was just for research like GEMPAK, or more freely useable like GRADS.
>
> Thanks for your help, and keep up the incredible work!

> NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
> the original message

Ticket ID: TSN-304685
Department: Support Python