[python #SXM-109553]: latest obs to CSV?

Hi,

So what error message is complaining about is that you’re trying to write a
`str` (text), but the file is expecting to be given `bytes` (binary data) to
write. In this case I think you *should* be writing text so you should change
your open line to:

    with open("C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\outfile.csv", 'w') as outcsv:

Note the change from ‘wb’ to ‘w’, which changes from opening the file for
binary i/o to text i/o. I expect that change should get you working.

Hope it helps!

Ryan

> Hi Ryan,
>
> The error that I get when trying to output the station temp data is the
> following:

> TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
> <ipython-input-5-9ded64172cc7> in <module>
> 1 with open("C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\outfile.csv", 'wb') as outcsv:
> 2         writer = csv.writer(outcsv,delimiter=',')
> ----> 3         writer.writerow(["lat", "long", "temp", "station"])
> 4         for i in data:
> 5             writer.writerow(i)
>
> TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
>

> Here is an example of how the data looks:
> (42.36056, -71.01056, 41.0, 'KBOS')
>
> Again, thank you for your time/any help!
>
> Justin

Ticket ID: SXM-109553
Department: Support Python