[python #PXA-368178]: pcolormesh and contours are offset by half a grid cell?

Brian,

Subtracting 0.5 gives you corners on one end, but you still have the problem
that you don't have the "last" corners for the last row and column of data.
You'll need to use something like numpy.hstack, numpy.vstask or
numpy.concatenate to add an additional row/column of lat and lons to have
corners around all of the grid boxes.

Ryan

> Thanks, Ryan.
> Yes we essentially do “pass the corners” of the grid cells by subtracting 0.5
> (times the 1 degree grid scale in this case). I just hadn’t found the
> documentation reason for it.
>

> I wonder if the dicarded column problem explains our latest longitude
> headache… this time in Python instead of IDV… (screenshot)
> Well, the answer is in the documentation. Thanks for the confidence building
> of pointing us there.
> Case closed (from your prespective).

Ticket ID: PXA-368178
Department: Support Python