[python #OQG-244028]: Python help

Greetings Pete,

It looks like there is an issue with the url to the catalog you are reading in.
In your
script you have:

http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg_anl/latest.xml

but it should actually be

http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg_ana/latest.html

That's 0p25deg_ana vs 0p25deg_anl...no idea why 0p25deg_anl returns something,
but it looks
like it is returning a dataset from the forecast grids of the 0.25 deg GFS. I
need to dig into that
a bit further to understand what is happening there (maybe a misconfigured
catalog).

Also, you need to remove the time portion of the ncss query, as the time you
pass in must
intersect the time bounds of the grid, and there is only one value in the
analysis dataset.

Those two tweaks should do the trick.

Cheers,

Sean