[Platforms #ZZF-317080]: ZFS, HW RAID?

Hi Robert,

re:
> I wonder if you know, or could find out, if you are running ZFS or are
> using HW RAID on your Solaris machines (SPARC or x86).

We are using ZFS with software RAID on our motherlode-class systems
(e.g., motherlode.ucar.edu, atm.cise-nsf.gov, unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu)
and other user systems here in the UPC.

The other BIG user of ZFS that we know of is SSEC.  They put all of their
satellite imagery on hard disk a while back, and it is all Solaris and
ZFS.

re:
> Although I have
> been very happy with our Sun X4150 with HW RAID, I was thinking about
> trying out ZFS under Solaris 11 Express.  If you are using ZFS I'd like
> to know your experiences.

We have had good luck using ZFS.

re:
> Thanks.

No worries.

re:
> I am signed up for the summer GEMPAK/AWIPS 2 course so will see
> y'all in July.

Just to be clear: there will be an introduction to AWIPS-II during
the GEMPAK workshop.  It will _not_ be a full AWIPS-II training session.

Ticket ID: ZZF-317080
Department: Support Platforms