20050922: Centos vs Fedora Core Linux

>From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

Hi Christian,

re:
>We now have our brand new linux servers to run LDM. For the linux
>distribution to install, I don't know if Centos would be better (based
>on Redhat Enterprise) or Fedora?

We use Fedora Core Linux (currently 32 and 64 bit versions of FC3 and
FC4) here at the Unidata Program Center.  We have been particularly
impressed by how well FC3 64-bit works on our top level IDD relay
cluster, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  We will be bringing up a FC4 64-bit
version for test in the cluster in the near future.

Also, I use FC4 32-bit at home and really like it.

One last comment: we have no experience in Centos Linux.