Re: 20000825: inquiry about hardware RAID for shemp

Robert,

I have purchased but not yet tested a Mylex Acceleraid 150 card.
We need to find a good time to shutdown our internal LDM system
and replace the current software RAID set.

I am also looking at a 288GB RAID system ($16K) to attach to our
fileserver.  Multiple groups with NCAR have purchased from Direct
Data Storage 719.495.6100 and have been very pleased with the results.
I can pass along the quote if you're interested.

mike

On Aug 29,  9:58am, Unidata Support wrote:
> Subject: 20000825: inquiry about hardware RAID for shemp

Thanks Mike,

We are going to purchase a new Dell that Dell says has been tested
with Solaris.  As always I am nervous about the future of Solaris
Intel but Ultra 10's are just too slow to justify their purchase.
Thanks very much for the info on the RAID.

Robert Mullenax