Re: 20000711: color allocation

Mike,

I'll assume you're using CDE.  Create a file /etc/dt/config/Xservers,
which is initially a copy of /usr/dt/config/Xservers -- this file will
then over-ride the system default as a local customization.  All you need
to do is remove the part of the server invocation line (begins with :0)
that relates to running in 24 bit (remove "defdepth 24"). You don't need
to reboot if you can get the console user logged-off and issue the
following commands to stop and restart the Xserver;

/etc/init.d/dtlogin stop
/etc/init.d/dtlogin start

mike