20000117: DirecPC and LDM

>From: David Fitzgerald <address@hidden>

Dave,

I had sent your inquiry along to Mike Schmidt (our system administrator)
for comment, but Mike has been incredibly busy since we got back from
the AMS show.

Let me try and jump in.  After reviewing web pages referenced off of
a DirecPC information page:

DirecPC
http://varinfo.direcpc.com/
  What is DirecPC?
  http://varinfo.direcpc.com/what/what.html
    DirecPC Network Products
    http://varinfo.direcpc.com/what/network.html
      Tested Products

it seems that you can use DirecPC as an internet link over which
the LDM could be fed.  Exactly how this may be done, we can't say
for sure.  There are a number of issues like the existance of
reverse name lookup for the machine being fed by DirecPC, etc.
From what the various network product vendors are touting,
it does seem that what you want to do should be possible, but
you may have to spend some money for one of their products.

Sorry we can't be more precise in our answer...

Tom Yoksas