Re: 19990210: Solaris2.7 config

Alan,

Here are a few key files you need to customize to get the system going;

/etc/defaultrouter  (single line - IP address)
/etc/defaultdomain  (single line - domain name ie stcloudstate.edu)
/etc/resolv.conf    (few lines including domain and nameservers - one per line)

--------------------------- /etc/resolv.conf -----------------------------
domain unidata.ucar.edu
nameserver 128.117.140.56
nameserver 128.117.140.62

You will also need to add the keyword "dns" to the end of the "hosts"
line in /etc/nsswitch.conf so the resolver uses DNS.  You should be
specifying your hostnames in /etc/hosts using the fully qualified
hostname(s) first like;

199.17.25.5     tigger.stcloudstate.edu         tigger ... (other aliases)

This should get things rolling.  Let me know if you need more info...

mike