[netCDF #ZKQ-805588]: Compile failure at nf03_test.F

Hello,

Do you know what version of the netCDF-C library you are using? I am not using
homebrew, but I am working on Apple M1 hardware, and do not see this issue. I
wonder if there is a version mismatch somewhere. If you can provide this
information, I will also try to determine what is going on on my end.

Thank you,
– Ward

> Hi,
>
> Attempting to install netcdf-fortran-4.5.4 on Apple M1 Pro (ARM) chip fails
> at nf03_test.F with error:
>
> Error: Symbol 'nf_cdf5' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type; did you mean 'nc_cdf5’?
>
> I dropped back one version (netcdf-fortran-4.5.3) and attempted to compile
> but that bombs a bit earlier and bit harder on numerous type mismatch faults
> in ftest.F
>
> The C compiler I’m using is GNU and the Fortran compiler is the same flavour
> (i.e. gcc and gfortran), both installed from Homebrew.
>
> Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>

> This email is confidential, and is for the intended recipient only. Access,
> disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone outside
> the intended recipient organisation is prohibited and may be a criminal
> offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
> sender. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of
> the University of Tasmania, unless clearly intended otherwise.
>
> Hi,
>
> Attempting to install netcdf-fortran-4.5.4 on Apple M1 Pro (ARM) chip fails
> at nf03_test.F with error:
>
> Error: Symbol 'nf_cdf5' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type; did you mean 'nc_cdf5’?
>
> I dropped back one version (netcdf-fortran-4.5.3) and attempted to compile
> but that bombs a bit earlier and bit harder on numerous type mismatch faults
> in ftest.F
>
> The C compiler I’m using is GNU and the Fortran compiler is the same flavour
> (i.e. gcc and gfortran), both installed from Homebrew.
>
> Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>

> This email is confidential, and is for the intended recipient only. Access,
> disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone outside
> the intended recipient organisation is prohibited and may be a criminal
> offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
> sender. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of
> the University of Tasmania, unless clearly intended otherwise.

Ticket ID: ZKQ-805588
Department: Support netCDF