[netCDF #LSQ-145073]: error netcdf-fortran configure cannot compute sizeof (off_t)

Hello,

Thank you for providing the config.log.  It appears that you do not have the
netCDF-C core library installed.  The Fortran library is an interface library,
providing a Fortran API to the underlying C library.  It's also possible that
perhaps the C library is installed, but the Fortran interface library is having
problems locating it.  The fix will depend on the situation.  If the C library
needs to be installed, please download the latest version from the Unidata
Github project page, https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases.  If the C
library is already installed, I will need a little more information, such as
where the C library is installed on the system, and which version is installed.

Hopefully the solution will be as simple as downloading and installing the
library from the location above.  If this doesn't solve the issue, please let
me know and we will figure this out.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> Good morning,
>
> I have a problem with the installation of the netcdf-fortran library:
> I have this error when trying to build the library at the configure step:
>
> checking size of double... 0
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
> `/home/mcms/roquetp/tarfiles/netcdf-fortran-4.5.3':
> configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
> See `config.log' for more details
>
> I attach the config.log
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Pascale Roquet
> Météo-France - CNRS, CNRM UMR3589
> Centre d’Études en Météorologie Satellitaire
> Satellite Meteorology Research Center
>
> Avenue de Lorraine
> B.P. 50747
> 22307 Lannion cedex, France
>

> Good morning,
>
> I have a problem with the installation of the netcdf-fortran library:
> I have this error when trying to build the library at the configure step:
>
> checking size of double... 0
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
> `/home/mcms/roquetp/tarfiles/netcdf-fortran-4.5.3':
> configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
> See `config.log' for more details
>
> I attach the config.log
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Pascale Roquet
> Météo-France - CNRS, CNRM UMR3589
> Centre d’Études en Météorologie Satellitaire
> Satellite Meteorology Research Center
>
> Avenue de Lorraine
> B.P. 50747
> 22307 Lannion cedex, France