[netCDF #JRA-997847]: netCDF and CMIP6 data

Hello,

There are many different reasons this file might not be readable; it might be
corrupted, or incomplete, or (for some reason) not actually a netCDF file.
Would it be possible for you to make the file which doesn't work available, so
that we might inspect it?

Thank you,

-Ward

> Hello Yingli Xuan,
>
> You sent Unidata a message via the "Contact Unidata" web form on September
> 18, 2021. In that message you asked to be added to Unidata's "community"
> e-mail list, and also asked the following netCDF question:
>
> > Data of CMIP5 (for an example
> > hur_Amon_CCSM4_historical_r1i1p1_195001-200512.nc)
> > can output results by the command of "ncdump -h XXXX".
> > However, I got error if I use data of CMIP6 (for an example
> > hur_Amon_GFDL-CM4_ssp585_r1i1p1f1_gr1_201501-210012.nc).
> > The error is as follows, "NetCDF: Unknown file format".
> > What is the reason to cause the error?
> > Thanks for advance.
>
> I have added your e-mail address to the mailing list. This message is to add
> your netCDF question to our technical support queue; someone from the netCDF
> development team will respond.
>
> Thank you,
> Douglas Dirks
> Unidata Community Services