[netCDF #ZWE-443135]: Install NetCDF 4.7.4 on Windows 10 64-bit

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response. In the screenshot you have provided of
the command line, it app3ars that ncdump is having problems parsing the
argument you are passing.  My suspicion is that it does not like the unescaped
spaces in the file name path.  What happens if you enclose the file (and path)
in quotes, e.g. "D:\Climate Change Nature\(...)RETO_SST_Tn"?  Alternatively,
what if you were to change directories in the command line, such that you were
to execute ncdump from the same directory as the data file? If this works, or
continues to fail, it would help us determine if the problem is in how the path
is being parsed by the ncdump utility.

Thank you, have a great day,

-Ward

> To whom it may concern,
> I have been struggling to install the latest NetCDF package on my Windows 10
> (64 bit) laptop, the package is downloaded from here
> (https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/winbin.html) -
> netCDF4.7.2-NC4-DAP-64.exe<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/ftp/netCDF4.7.2-NC4-DAP-64.exe>,
>  the pre-built one.
>
> After installing it, the package resides in the C:\Program Files\NetCDF4.7.4
> folder, as the snapshot shows below:
>
> [cid:9b651cc6-deea-4ccc-a186-b97d1a8a3c2e]
>
> Now I want to convert the nc files to human-readable text file. Using the
> Command Prompt to run an nc file
> "20120206-JPL-L4UHblend-NCAMERICA-v01-fv02-RTO_SST_Tn", no result shows up as
> the snapshot shows below. But, if I open the file from the above folder, i.e.
> D:\Climate Change
> Nature\NOAA\20120206-JPL-L4UHblend-NCAMERICA-v01-fv02-RTO_SST_Tn", the data
> is rolling up and once it's done, the window is closed automatically, no
> result is available yet.
> [cid:446ecd82-4da2-4a18-8ee0-1e6c876eb2bf]
> Could you please point me what I am missing or what is not configured right
> yet? How to change the configurations if they are required to be changed,
> since I have no background in such languages?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Qinghan Bian

Ticket ID: ZWE-443135
Department: Support netCDF