[netCDF #KCM-236398]: Error while running configure for installing netcdf-c-4.7.4

Hello,

Is it possible that there are multiple libhdf5 libraries installed on the
system? If you provide the config.log generated by 'configure', I can take a
closer look to see what exactly is happening.  Thanks!

-Ward

> Dear Netcdf Support,
>
> I have been trying to install Netcdf-C version 4.7.4 on my system (Red
> Hat Linux), but have somehow run into some error which I cannot resolve.
> Before attempting to install netcdf, I installed zlib and then HDF5,
> making sure it was built with zlib. However, when I run ./configure
> after correctly specifying the library and include locations of zlib and
> hdf5 (I installed them in directories which were not the default), I
> always end up with an error, the last few lines being:
>
> checking for library containing deflate... none required
> checking for library containing dlopen... none required
> checking for floor in -lm... yes
> checking for library containing H5Fflush... -lhdf5
> checking for library containing H5DSis_scale... -lhdf5_hl
> checking hdf5.h usability... yes
> checking hdf5.h presence... yes
> checking for hdf5.h... yes
> configure: error: HDF5 was not built with zlib, which is required.
> Rebuild HDF5 with zlib.
>

> Now I'm pretty sure I installed hdf5 with zlib, so I'm wondering what
> else I could do to resolve this error and finally install netcdf on my
> system. I would appreciate any help on this matter.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lawrence Bernardo

Ticket ID: KCM-236398
Department: Support netCDF