[netCDF #NXI-317344]: Question about nc_create

Hello Stefano,

NetCDF does not support single-writer/multi-reader in many cases. It is
possible to use `nc_open_mem` and `nc_open_memio` to access data stored in
memory, which may be an option for you.  You can also use `nc_sync()` to
synchronize a dataset to disk, although you will need to coordinate the timing
of this between your programs.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Dear all,
>
> I have to create a netCDF file to store a variable,
>
> To create the file I use:
>
> nc_create(<file path>, NC_NETCDF4|NC_SHARE, file_id);
>
> In the meanwhile, I need to access to the file from another application to
> read the temporary status of the variable, but it seems that the content of
> the file is updated only when the writer close the file.
>
> (the reader see an empty structure until the file is opened by the writer)
>
> There is a way to share the file content?
>
> Best Regards,
> Stefano
>
> Ing. Stefano Morrocchi
> cid:image039.png@01D10271.818879E0