[netCDF #VDO-977800]: NetCDF configure not seeing zlib in hdf5

Hello,

Thank you for providing the config.log file generated when you ran configure.
My guess is that there are either multiple libhdf5's present on the system, or
that the configuration paths aren't set so that the configure script can find
the libhdf5 and libhdf5_hl libraries you have compiled and installed. I am
seeing the environmental variable 'H5DIR' referenced in the config.log file,
but it does not appear to be set.  Can you confirm that it is in fact set, when
you run configure?  Can you provide the libhdf5.settings file generated when
you installed libhdf5?

Thanks!

-Ward

> Package Version: 4.7.4
> Operating System: CentOS 7
> Hardware: Intel
> Description of problem: Trying to compile netcdf from source, have zlib and
> hdf5 built with zlib, env vars defined per directions and included with
> configure command, netcdf config reports h5 built without zlib, even though
> libhdf5 settings file shows I/O filters (external): deflate(zlib)

Ticket ID: VDO-977800
Department: Support netCDF