[netCDF #IYW-747837]: Convert NETCDF Files to Ascii

Hello,

You would convert a file from binary netcdf to ascii CDL via `ncdump *file* >
filename.cdl`.  This will dump the file to ascii and redirect it into a text
file.  Keep in mind that the ascii files are likely to be very, very large if
the binary files are of any significant size.

I hope this helps, have a great day,

-Ward

> Hello Unidata,
>
> I have a lot of files in NETCDF format which I'd like to convert to ascii.
> I see ncdump is an option to use on my macbook.
> Is the command  *ncdump -k file *the correct line?
> I'm using this guide:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf_utilities_guide.html#ncdump_guide
> Would I have to do it file by file? Or can I do all of them by putting them
> in the same folder from the command line? Thank you for your help. I'm
> still learning.
>
> --
> *Ayesha Wilkinson*
> *NCAS-M Howard University *