[netCDF #ILA-943980]: convert the variable data in a group from Netcdf4 to netcdf3

If you replace '-v' with '-V', you should see definitions and data only for the
variable (column_amount) that you are interested in.  The tools provided by
Unidata (nccopy, ncgen, ncdump) do not offer batch operations, but there are
other tools that might be able to do what you're looking for.  I'd suggest
looking at the NetCDF Operators (NCO) software package.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hi,
> i am trying to extract only the variable as an output from a group out of
> many groups.
> how to copy a variable from a group and convert from netcdf4 to netcdf3:
> iFile name: 'Aura.nc'; ofile name: Aura(3456) Group name:
> 'key_science_data' ; Variable name: 'column_amount'
> in this case
> I run this command:
>
> D:\CDO>nccopy -g key_science_data -v column_amount Aura.nc Aura3.nc
> D:\CDO>nccopy -g key_science_data -v key_science_data/column_amount Aura.nc
> Aura3.nc
> D:\CDO>nccopy -g key_science_data -v key_science_data/column_amount Aura.nc
> Aura4.nc
> D:\CDO>nccopy -v key_science_data/column_amount Aura.nc Aura4.nc
> D:\CDO>nccopy -v key_science_data/column_amount Aura.nc Aura5.nc
> D:\CDO>nccopy -v column_amount Aura.nc Aura5.nc
> D:\CDO>nccopy -v column_amount Aura.nc Aura6.nc
>
> The output gives me all the variables in the group instead of one
> (column_amount) variable and the converted file is still in same format.
>
> Also, Is there a way to extract (or copy) a variable, merge, and convert
> all files in a folder of similar dimension.?

Ticket ID: ILA-943980
Department: Support netCDF