[netCDF #RWN-323228]: netcdf fortran installation issue

Hello,

Which version of netcdf-c did you install? This looks like it may be related to
an issue we had with a recent netcdf-c release, where a file was missing when
netcdf-c was installed from the source tarball.  I would recommend ensuring you
are working with netcdf-c version 4.7.3 (available here:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases).  If you are already working with
the latest version, I would try adding CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" and
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" to your environment; this may fix the issue with
netcdf.h and netcdf_meta.h not being found.

Let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue, and we will figure out how to
proceed.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> I am trying to install netcdf-fortran after installing netcdf-c on a remote
> computer. I installed netcdf-c without too many issues into /usr/local/bin
> and /usr/local/include, but when I try and install netcdf-fortran, I keep
> getting (see log file for more detail)
>
> netcdf.h could not be found
>
> I set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS as instructed and adjusted PATH in the bash file.
> I even tried copying netcdf from local/include to the netcdf-fortran folder,
> however nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you .
>
> Best,
> Hiro
>
> Hiromitsu Sato, Ph.D.
> Research Scientist
> Ontario Forest Research Institute
> Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry

Ticket ID: RWN-323228
Department: Support netCDF