[netCDF #DLS-822274]: conftest.c

Hello,

The `conftest.c` file is not part of the distribution; rather, it is created
dynamically by the `configure` script to test for various features.  The
contents of conftest.c should be included in the config.log file; if you can
provide this file, I will try to help you figure out why your build has failed.

Thanks!

-Ward

> Hello I'm trying to compile the netcdf-fortran-4.5.2 library
>
> I'm working on a linux (ubuntu MATE) 64-bit machine.
>
> I downloaded netcdf-fortran-4.5.2.tar.gz
>
> I'm following the instructions here:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html
> in particular, I'm following the instructions for "Building with static
> libraries"
>
> After setting the environment variables,
> the configure script fails,
> saying that my C compiler (gcc) doesn't work.
>
> So I wanted to try the compilation command alone, which I found in the
> config.log file,
> however it turns out that the test compilation is trying to use a
> conftest.c file,
> which does not exist in the directory - actually it does not exist in
> the tar.gz file.
>
> This could be one good reason why gcc cannot compile it!
>
> Where can I find the conftest.c file?
>
> Thank you
> Francesco Uboldi
>

> --