[netCDF #EMY-166360]: NetCDF-Fortran install problem

Hello,

It appears that installing the compiler under the root account might be the
issue.  Looking at the test-suite.log file you submitted, we see the following:

/home/Bessie/software/sources/netcdf-fortran-4.5.2/nf_test/.libs/lt-nf_test:
error while loading shared libraries: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
FAIL nf_test (exit status: 127)

It is possible that you don't have permissions to access the libifport.so.5 at
runtime.  Can you confirm that you have permissions? Is it possible to install
the compiler as your local user and see if this resolves the issue?

-Ward

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am installing netcdf-fortran-4.5.2 on CentOS Linux system.
> (With netcdf-c-4.7.1 installed)
>
> I have encountered a problem with ‘make check’. It failed in nf_test.
> Would you please help me with this problem?
>
> For your information, I have installed Intel fortran compiler under root
> account (have already ran source <intel compiler path>/bin/ifortvars.sh
> intel64). But the netcdf-c and netcdf-fortran are installed using another
> account. I am not sure whether it is the reason for this problem?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Best regards,
> Bessie
>
> [https://www.polyu.edu.hk/emaildisclaimer/PolyU_Email_Signature.jpg]
>
> Disclaimer:
>
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender
> and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (the University) immediately. Any
> disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of
> any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or
> quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any
> views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not
> necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts
> no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to
> any party as a result of the use of such information.

Ticket ID: EMY-166360
Department: Support netCDF