[netCDF #UQL-598465]: nf_test and the nf03_test fails when compiling netcdf-fortran-4.5.2

Hello,

Looking at your config files, it appears netCDF-C 4.6.3 is compiling with
netCDF-4 support.  I've set up a virtual machine and recreated your process
using netCDF-C 4.6.3 and netCDF-Fortran 4.5.2 and was able to compile both
without seeing the issues you're observing.  I'm wondering if there is another,
older libnetcdf on your system that is being picked up either at configure or
runtime.

After compiling netCDF-Fortran, run the following command from the top level
netcdf-fortran directory:

    $ ldd fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.so | grep libnetcdf

That should tell you which libnetcdf is being linked against.  What is the
result of this command?

Thanks,

-Ward

> Dear netcdf support team,
>
> Attached you will find config.log with evidences the successful
> netcdf-c-4.6.3 compilation with netcdf-4. However, when attempting to install
> netcdf-fortran-4.5.2 also with netcdf-4 an error occurs which is shown on the
> corresponding config.log and  test.suite.log files attached. The error shown
> is in relation the nf_test and the nf03_test files.
>
> On another note when not invoking the netcdf-4 option when attempting to
> compile netcdf-fortran-4.5.2 the compilation is successful, but the
> netcdf-fortran libraries and the include files are built without the enhanced
> netcdf-4 capabilities.
>
> Would appreciate a suggestion regarding how to compile netcdf-fortran-4.5.2
> with netcdf-4 capabilities, or maybe an earlier netcdf-fortran version, which
> would successfully compile the netcdf-4 option with the netcdf-c-4.6.3 or any
> other netcdf-c version. The HDF5 version this user compiled is hdf5-1.10.5,
> and the zlib version is 1.2.7. Finally the gcc and gfortran compilers
> currently installed both are 4.8.5.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>

> Carlos Bucaram

Ticket ID: UQL-598465