[netCDF #RPE-367168]: Supported Files

Hi Josh,

The CF Conventions for netCDF [1] recently accepted an extension that
supports, among other things, representing timeseries data for each river
segments that make up a network of rivers. Does that sound appropriate
for your data?

The current version of CF is 1.7. The Geometries extension (mostly CF
Section 7.5 [2]) has been accepted for CF version 1.8, which should be
released in the next month or few I believe. Given that the Geometries
extension has already been approved, people are starting to use it to
store their data and some software that supports CF is/has been
extended to handle Geometries data.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Ethan

[1] http://cfconventions.org
[2] http://cfconventions.org/cf-conventions/cf-conventions.html#geometries

On 5 Sept 2019, Josh wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I have coworkers at USACE ERDC in Duck, NC and in other districts across
> USACE that utilize NetCDF for data storage.  They use it for currents,
> waves and other data sets.  However, they are not aware of a standardized
> format in NetCDF for discharge measurements for rivers.  I'm unsure if
> this is the right forum to ask in, but I figured it was worth a try.
> If you have any information or can point me in the right direction,
> I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Ticket ID: RPE-367168