[netCDF #SNE-995575]: NetCDF Compression

This will be difficult for us to debug since we do not have
access to an AIX system. Also, netcdf 4.1.3 is pretty old;
any chance you can upgrade to the latest version?
In any case, try this command and send us the output
(assuming its not proprietary):
> ncdump -hs <name of compressed file>

> Description of problem: My programmer issues the following command using
> NetCDF 4.1.3 to compress a NetCDF file on AIX and it does not compress at all.
>
> On Linux using NetCDF V4.6.1 it does compress successfully.
>
> /usr/local/netcdf-4.1.3/bin/nccopy -d 6
> BHP-TPW_v01r0_blend.nc russ.nc
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 Pdpeas   dpeas      37574958 Jun 11 18:06
> BHP-TPW_v01r0_blend.nc
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     system     37574768 Jun 11 18:55 russ.nc

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: SNE-995575
Department: Support netCDF