[netCDF #PWV-630822]: Problem building netCDF fortran with Intel compiler.

Hi,

My apologies for the delay in responding.  Looking at your config.log, it
appears that you don't have an F77 environmental variable set; as a result, an
empty space is being passed to the libtool tool, which is causing the
libtool-related syntax error to be reported.  I would suggest setting your F77
variable in similar fashion as the FC variable, e.g.
'F77=/apps/intel/2013_sp1.1.106/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/bin/intel64/ifort'.
Let us know if this doesn't solve the issue!

-Ward

> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to build netcdf-fortran-4.4.5 by following the
> instructions at
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html.
> <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html>
>
> (I have successfully built netcdf-c-4.7.0).  The configuration has gone
> smoothly and I have attached the log file.  But the command `make check`
> fails.  The output of
>
> >  make check 2>&1 | tee check.txt
>
> is also attached. I'd be grateful if you could suggest a solution.  Let
> me know if you need further information.
>
> --
>
> Regards,

Ticket ID: PWV-630822
Department: Support netCDF