[netCDFJava #FLA-810413]: Variable starting pos=2151329472 may not exceed 2147483647

Greetings!

I do believe you've hit the netCDF-3 Classic Format file size limit. Can you add
the flag:

-isLargeFile

to your command, i.e.:

java -classpath netcdfAll-4.6.13.jar ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset -in <path>
-out <path> -isLargeFile

That should allow you to write a 64-bit Offset netCDF-3 format file, which can
handle up to
2^63 bytes, or 8 Exabytes.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello,
>
> I've encountered an unexpected error while converting FV-GFS grib2
> source files to netCDF (in Windows command prompt... see command file
> attached as text).
>
> 1. This problem did not occur for the analysis file (.anl), but for
> subsequent forecast files (.f000, etc)
> 2. I've not had any problems of this sort with NCEP's operational GFS,
> 2015-present.
> 3. Ignore all of the SLF4J errors. It is the Exception in thread "main"
> that is new.
> 4. Command file attached as text.
>
> Please advise. Any chance I might be able to alter the library to
> increase maximum starting pos, until the problem is solved in a future
> release?
>
> Thanks!
>
> (analysis file)
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for
> further details.
>
> (forecast file)
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for
> further details.
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Variable
> starting pos=2151329472 may not exceed 2147483647
> at ucar.nc2.iosp.netcdf3.N3header.writeHeader(N3header.java:686)
> at ucar.nc2.iosp.netcdf3.N3header.create(N3header.java:602)
> at ucar.nc2.iosp.netcdf3.N3iosp.create(N3iosp.java:683)
> at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileWriter.create(NetcdfFileWriter.java:804)
> at ucar.nc2.FileWriter2.write(FileWriter2.java:196)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.main(NetcdfDataset.java:1936)

Ticket ID: FLA-810413
Department: Support netCDF Java