[netCDF #OMS-834762]: URL encoding in the netCDF C library

Rechecked the code, and it looks to me like it does do the encoding
of a specified set of characters (see libdispatch/ncuri, queryallow
which is the complement).
See if you can get a sample URL that is failing.

> I'm looking into whether the netCDF C library encodes variable characters
> when they appear in a URL? I know that the latest version of the NetcdF
> Java library does, but I'm not sure about the C library. A brief look at
> the code left me realizing it's changed quite a bit since I last saw it.
>
> I'm asking because we are getting reports of some of the clients that
> use the C library not working correctly and the errors only happen when
> the client tries to access data from servers using tomcat 8.5 or greater
> (where encoding [, etc., characters is required). Of course, it is hard
> to tell what version of the library a given instance of a client has been
> linked with, but before I encourage developers to link with the newest
> version of the code, I want to be sure it does the escaping correctly.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: OMS-834762
Department: Support netCDF