[netCDFJava #SHV-118274]: NetCDF java problems

Using ncdump, I confirmed that the file appears to be legitimate
netcdf-4 file that is not using any user-defined types.
So, exactly what filename argument are you passing to the open()
function in netcdf-java? If you pass the URL you gave below, then it
will fail because it cannot read directly from github.b

> I'm trying to open a file with your java library but it always gives an
> "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a netcdf file".
> If I open it with your ToolsUIi or another netCdf applications it opens but
> with the library programmatically it fails.
>
> The file that I'm trying to open is
> https://github.com/OpenDrift/opendrift/blob/master/tests/test_data/16Nov2015_NorKyst_z_surface/arome_subset_16Nov2015.nc.
>
> Can you help me or point me the reasons?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ricardo Santos
> Senior Engineer
>
> [https://info.criticalsoftware.com/hubfs/logo-1.png]
>

> address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>
>
> T. +351 967 728 912
>
> Rua Alexandre Herculano, 331
>

> 3510 - 034 Viseu
>
> criticalsoftware.com<https://criticalsoftware.com/>
>
> Portugal
>

> DISCLAIMER This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential
> information for the exclusive use of its intended recipient. It is your
> responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other checks to ensure that
> this message and any attachments do not affect your systems / data. If you
> are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or reproduce this
> e-mail and you must notify the sender and delete the entire email. Any
> unauthorised use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and
> its attachments is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: SHV-118274
Department: Support netCDF Java