[netCDF #ROE-306236]: Attempting to use netCDF 4.6.3 with C++ Visual Studio 2017

Hello,

It sounds like perhaps the cxx4 library is not being linked against?  After
downloading the cxx4 code, did you compile and install the cxx4 library?  Can
you provide your project file? I will be happy to take a look and see if there
is anything that leaps out.

Thanks,

-Ward

> I am attempting to convert some spectrometry data into the netCDF format
> using a simple c++ program however I am having difficulties using the API.
>

> I have downloaded a prebuilt version of netCDF 4.6.3 as well as the gitHub
> version of the cxx4 code. I have included the files needed in the proper
> directories such as the include and lib folders in the include and library
> directories. I have included the netcdf.lib in the additional dependencies
> under Linker-input-Additional Dependencies as well.
>

> However whenever I try to call the functions in my code I receive the error :
>
> unresolved external symbol "class netCDF::NcInt netCDF::ncInt"
> (?ncInt@netCDF@@3VNcInt@1@A)
>
> for multiple different classes.
>
> When I check the external dependencies folder for the project it shows all of
> the netCDF files that contains the different functions.
>
> I am not sure if there was a step I missed or a compatability issue but any
> help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Mitchell Plute

Ticket ID: ROE-306236
Department: Support netCDF