[netCDF #WGI-727621]: seek help

That tutorial page you used is a bit out of date.
Let me suggest you try these pages instead:

Install netcdf-c :
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html

Install netcdf-fortran :
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

> Dear ucar
>
> I meet the fatal error when compiling the netcdf following website
> https://github.com/USEPA/CMAQ/blob/5.2.1/DOCS/Tutorials/CMAQ_GettingStarted.md:
>
> ### Set up your Linux system environment
> $ setenv CC gcc
> $ setenv CPPFLAGS  '-DNDEBUG –DgFortran'
> $ setenv CFLAGS  -O
> $ setenv FC  gfortran
> $ setenv FFLAGS  '-O –w'
> $ setenv CXX  g++
>
> ## Install netCDF-C
> $ wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1.1.tar.gz
> $ tar xvzf netcdf-4.4.1.1.tar.gz
> $ cd netcdf-4.4.1.1
> $ ./configure --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap
> $ make check install
> $ cd ../
>
> the attach file is test-suit.log which shows the detail errors.
>
> Could you help resolving the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Department of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University
>
> Tianshui South Road 222, Chengguan District?Lanzhou, Gansu, China
>
> Zip: 730000
>
> Minjin Ma

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata