[netCDF #SLO-940616]: nc_inq_libvers not found

I think the problem is with the build of the "other program"
(which I assume is a program that uses the netcdf library).
You will need to contact the owner of that program to figure out
how to reference an installed netcdf library. But,
my speculation is that either there is a ./configure flag for it,
or you need to so something like this:
   export LDFLAGS="-L<path to netcdf library directory> -lnetcdf

> Full Name: Maria Eugenia Gomez
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.4.1.1
> Operating System: Fedora 29
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi, I am trying to install a program which requires the netcdf library. I
> installed it before, to use it with octave and I had no problems. But now,
> I tried to install another program and it says:
>
> checking for nc_inq_libvers in -lnetcdf... no
> configure: error: Cannot find or link to the netcdf library
>
> The only way I found to check the version (through the commnad line)
> was typing "ncdump".
>
> I can also check with the Fedora discover utility that I have the 4.4.1.1
> version installed.
>
> So, I do not know why I cannot find the library..
>
> Can anybody help me?
> Regards and thanks in advance,
> Maria Eugenia

=Dennis Heimbigner