[netCDF #DYO-865983]: extract only data, no variable information

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not a flag to pass to ncdump which will extract only the
data values and nothing else; ncdump generates (by default) cdl-formatted
files, and lists of values are not properly formatted cdl.

You could get closer with some creative shell scripting, e.g.

    $ ncdump -v GroupDelaySig,GroupDelay GroupDelay_bS.nc | tail -n $((
$(ncdump -v GroupDelaySig,GroupDelay GroupDelay_bS.nc | wc -l)- $(ncdump -hv
GroupDelaySig,GroupDelay GroupDelay_bS.nc | wc -l))) | grep -v '}'

This shell command computes the size of the metadata generated by ncdump,
subtracts that from the total length of ncdump, and then extracts the final X
lines from ncdump, where X contains the data for GroupDelaySig,GroupDelay.

I'm sorry there isn't a single flag you can pass to ncdump, but hopefully this
will help.

have a great day,

-Ward

> Full Name: Maria Eugenia
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System: Fedora 29
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I have a netcdf file (GroupDelay_bS.nc) and I just want to extract the
> data from GroupDelaySig and GroupDelay variables. But just the data,
> not all the variable information. But when I run:
>
> ncdump -v GroupDelay_bS.nc > GDvariables.cdl
>
> I get a file like GDvariables.cdl which has more things than data
> only. How can I get just the data associated to those variables?
>
> Regards and thanks in advance.
> Maria Eugenia

Ticket ID: DYO-865983
Department: Support netCDF