[netCDF #CPE-190205]: failed netcdf-4 tests

The second failure is (probably) a result of the first failure.

The reason for the first failure is that as part of our hdf4
testing, we attempt to download some hdf4 files against which
we test. You can see the download messages in the test suite output.
In this case, it appears that it thought it downloaded the files
ok, but the message
> gzip: MYD29.A2002185.0000.005.2007160150627.hdf.gz:
> invalid compressed data--crc erro
indicates that the download got corrupted values somehow.
This would cause subsequent tests to fail.

There are two ways to deal with this:
1.  go into hdf4_test and do the command 'make clean check'
    This may succeed in properly downloading the files.
2. If that does not work, then add the option --disable-hdf4-file-tests
    to your ./configure command. Or if you are using cmake,
    add -DENABLE_HDF4_FILE_TEST=off to the cmake command.
#2 should disable the download and any tests that depend on it.

> I have 2 failed test on my netcdf-4 installation, in the log file
> attached. What can I do to correct these?

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: CPE-190205
Department: Support netCDF