[netCDF #YMN-275592]: Compiling NetCDF with CMake, Error in finding HDF5 configuration files

I will try to recreate this with the pre-built hdf5 libraries; typically I test
against hdf5 libraries that I have built myself.  May I ask which version of
cmake you are using?  It occurs to me that I may not be testing against the
HDF5 1.10.x libraries on Windows, so I will test that too and follow up.

-Ward

> For a start, see if you can read
> > ...<HDF5_DIR>/cmake/hdf5/hdf5-config.cmake
> into a text editor and see if it looks reasonable.
> Also, you might compare it other xxx-config.cmake
> files if you have any (curl-config.cmake, for example?).
>
> Ward will probably have a better idea of what is the problem.
>
> > Package Version: 4.6.1
> > Operating System: Win10 64bit
> > Hardware:
> > Description of problem:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to compile static libs of NetCDF for windows, but the configure
> > process seems to have problems finding hdf5.
> >
> > I try to configure NetCDF for VS2017 with cmake (latest version) by
> > using the following command:

> > where HDF5_DIR points to the install location of the newest pre-built
> > HDF5 binaries (version 1.10.1)
> >
> > I get the Following Error Message:
> >
> > ##################
> >
> > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:614 (FIND_PACKAGE):
> > Could not find a configuration file for package "HDF5" that is compatible
> > with requested version "".
> >
> > The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:
> >
> > ...<HDF5_DIR>/cmake/hdf5/hdf5-config.cmake, version: 1.10.3 (64bit)
> >

> > -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

> > I hope you can help me out with this.
> >

> =Dennis Heimbigner
> Unidata

Ticket ID: YMN-275592