[netCDF #XYY-601507]: Question about debugging "Message truncated; xxxx bytes received but buffer size is xx"

Hello,

Version 4.3.2 is fairly old at this point; would it be possible to see if there
is an issue using the latest netCDF, 4.6.1?  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with
debugging tools in an MPI environment, so I can only be of limited help there.
Does this issue happen with other compute nodes, or when running different
netCDF code?

-Ward

> Hello netCDF support,
>
> One of the users of our SLURM cluster is having a problem with
> netCDF-4.3.2, and he sent the following log. Could you help me find a
> way to debug this?
>
> ##### Log starts #####
> MPI_Irecv(165)......................: MPI_Irecv(buf=0x235ca40, count=4,
> MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION, src=151, tag=7, MPI_COMM_WORLD, request=0x77d4bc)
> failed
> MPIDI_CH3U_Request_unpack_uebuf(624): Message truncated; 3968 bytes
> received but buffer size is 32
> srun: error: foobar: task 128: Exited with exit code 1
> ##### Log ends #######
>
> p.s. The compute node and slurmd look fine.
>
> Thank you and best regards,
> Koji

Ticket ID: XYY-601507
Department: Support netCDF