[netCDF #CQB-699964]: netcdf compile errors with PGI

Hello,

This should be fairly straight-forward to fix.  Typically you need to run `make
install` after running make/make check.  This will copy the files you need to
the location you specified with `--prefix`, $DIR/netcdf.  Try this, and let me
know if the symbolic link still appears to be missing.

Thanks, have a great day!

-Ward

> Hello netcdf support
>
> I am wondering if you can help me.
> I am trying to compile netcdf-4.6.1 with PGI but I am having issues. I have
> attached:
>
> ./configure --prefix=$DIR/netcdf --disable-netcdf-4 >& config.log
> make check >& make.log
>
> The problem I have there is, if I locate libnetcdf.so file, I find this:
> <PATH>/netcdf-4.6.1/liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so
> but it is linked to another file
> libnetcdf.so -> libnetcdf.so.13.1.1
> which doesn't seem to exist
>
> I am really unsure how to fix this issue.
>
> Also, here are the parameters I set up:
>
> export CC=pgcc
>
> export FC=pgfortran
>
> export LD=pgfortran
>
> export F90=pgfortran
>
> export FFLAGS="-O2 -Msignextend"
>
> export CXX=pgcpp
>
> export CPPFLAGS="-DpgiFortran"
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/2017/lib
>
> Goal, if needed: I am trying to compile WRF-GSI. Before, I had netcdf and
> WRFV4 both compile with gfortran. The problem is, GSI needed certain
> compilers, the only one I have in the list is PGI. The GSI helpdesk told me I
> need netcdf, wrfv4 and GSI to all have the same compiler. The compiler I have
> for this is PGI 17.5, so I need to recompile everything in PGI. It seems to
> be a pain to do it all!
>
> All the best,
> Michael

Ticket ID: CQB-699964