[netCDF #SMN-573220]: Configure error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library

Hi Danica,

I'm not sure why the hdf5 library isn't being found.  Can you try compiling
netcdf by hand, instead of via a script, and see if the error persists?  Also,
do you know what version of hdf5 is being installed?

-Ward

> Full Name: Danica Loqueloque
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.6.1
> Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi there!
>
> This is the automated script I used as a guide for installing mipich and
> NetCDF libraries in my computer for WRF-HYDRO. I already checked if the the
> HDF5 is already installed, and it is. however, it can't seem to find the hdf5
> library. it returns: configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5
> library. Use --disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.
>
> Please see my latest config.log file attached. Do you have any idea what's
> going wrong?

Ticket ID: SMN-573220
Department: Support netCDF